Submit Your Paper
1. Submit Your Paper
Papers should be submitted to the Journal of International Economics and Management (JIEM) via the online submission system or sent directly to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the JIEM uses the Crossref™ Similarity Check service (powered by iThenticate) to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to the JIEM you are agreeing to have your papers’ originality checked during the peer-review and production processes.
Papers submitted to the JIEM should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar content, or be under consideration for publication.
All submitted papers should be original work. Authors submitting articles for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the publisher against any breach of such warranty.
This is an open-access journal. All articles are subjected to be published under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) 4.0. This license permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Authors agree to make articles legally available for reuse, without permission or fees, for virtually any purpose.
Third-party Copyright Permissions
Before submitting a paper to the JIEM, authors should get permission to use any content that has not been created by them.
Failure to do so may lead to lengthy delays in publication. The JIEM is unable to publish an article that has permission pending. Rights that the JIEM requires are:
- Non-exclusive rights to reproduce the material in the article or book chapter;
- Print and electronic rights;
- Worldwide English language rights;
- Using the material for the life of the work (i.e. there should be no time restrictions on the re-use of material, e.g. a one-year license).
When reproducing tables, figures, or excerpts (of more than 250 words) from another source, it is required that:
- Authors obtain the necessary written permission in advance from third-party owners of copyrights for the use in print and electronic formats of any of their text, illustrations, graphics, or any other material, in their manuscript. Permission must also be obtained for any minor adaptations of any work not created by authors;
- If authors adapt any material significantly, they must inform the copyright holders of the original work;
- Authors obtain any proof of consent statements;
- Authors must acknowledge the source in figure captions and refer to the source in the reference list;
- Authors should not assume that any content which is freely available on websites is free to use. Authors should check the websites for details of the copyright holders to seek permission for re-use.
- Copyright of the article is retained by the authors;
- A license is granted by the authors to the JIEM to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher; to publish and distribute an article, and to grant rights to others, including for commercial purposes; to apply for the relevant third party User License where the JIEM publishes the article on its online platforms; to provide the article in all forms and media so the article can be used on the latest technology even after publication; to enforce the rights in the article, on behalf of an author, against third parties, for example in the case of plagiarism or copyright infringement;
- The article can be shared freely, including copying and redistributing the material in any medium or format;
- The article can be adapted, remixed, transformed, and built upon the material for any purposes, including commercial ones;
- Authors retain their rights to republish this material in other works written or edited by them, subject to full acknowledgment of the original source of publication;
- Full attribution to the original work must be included in any derivatives, indicating if/where changes have been made.
3. Submission Fee
There are no submission fees, publication fees, or page charges for the JIEM. The journal is published under an open access arrangement, in that all publishing costs are funded by Foreign Trade University.
4. Final Submission
Authors must ensure that the manuscript is complete without grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors, and follow the journal style and format.
Proofs will be emailed to the authors prior to publication.